Mishmashmagazine.com will be back online in JULY 2008 with an entirely new look and tons of new features. This is our temporary home until then. We'll continue to post 'Best Of Mishmash Magazine' features, new coverage and updates about our new site, so keep checking in...

MishmashMagazine.com has relaunched!!!

Friday, May 16, 2008

J.Period & Don Cannon Present Design Of A Decade The 90's Mixtape



by Skillz

Now I don't do that many mixtapes, I think I may have like 5 or 6 to my credit. Maybe because I just don't really get inspired to spit over what's hot right now and leak it to the world. I feel like doing something special when I do something, something that will stand out from what else is being done at the moment. Picture me rapping over Lollipop right now?? LOL, ain't happening homie! So I came up with this idea to do a mixtape series on decades of music. I had to start with the 90's cuz that music influenced me the most. And when I started pulling songs it was a zillion, I couldn't decide on which ones that I wanted to do. So these songs are me paying respect to the cats who inspired me. I still get in the car and pick a week where I just listen to one artist all week whenever I'm in the car so I can remember how I felt when I first heard those songs. Like last week I listened to Eric B & Rakim all week long, every song, every album. It helps to inspire me ya know? I can't get inspired by what I hear on the radio. I titled the songs by their initials so you wont know what I did over until to hear the actual song, so check it out, ride with it (it plays perfect in a ipod) vibe to it and hopefully I can make you feel the way I felt while making it. Shout to Cannon & J. Period for making it with me…look out for future volumes cuz I can do these joints all day long!! LOL! Make a playlist and rock out to…DESIGN OF A DECADE THE 90′S COLLECTION...
>> www.zshare.net/download/12022285a6af7237 <<

Digg this

0 comments: